When you purchase Assured Edge Income Builder, your guaranteed lifetime income amount (GLIA) will increase based on a 5.8% income growth rate each year until you activate lifetime income. The income growth rate is not a rate of return and the income growth credit is not added to the contract value. The annual income credit is a dollar amount calculated by multiplying the initial GLIA by the 5.8% income growth rate.
- $25,000: Minimum initial premium for nonqualified annuities and tax-qualified annuities.
- $150,000: Minimum single premium for non-natural entities. (See Ownership Section for details.)
- $1,000,000: Maximum total premium amount without prior company approval.By company practice, which is subject to change.
Eligible Premium Period
After the initial premium, subsequent premiums will be permitted during the first 60 days after the contract issue (as a Lump Sum or Periodic Payments).
Penalty-Free Withdrawal Privilege
Beginning in the first contract year, you may take multiple withdrawals of up to 10% of the contract value, as of the previous anniversary, with no withdrawal charge or market value adjustment (MVA). You may also take penalty-free withdrawals to satisfy permitted RMDs based on this contract which does not exceed the greater of the GLIA or the RMD amount as calculated by us, withdrawals up to the GLIA after activating lifetime income, and withdrawals taken under certain waivers.
- Partial withdrawals may reduce benefits and contract value.
Market value adjustment (MVA)
Withdrawals above the penalty-free withdrawal amount during the seven-year initial interest rate guarantee term may be increased or decreased by an MVA. The MVA is based on a formula designed to react to changes in interest rates at the time of a withdrawal. Generally, if interest rates have risen since the contract issue date, the MVA can decrease the amount you will receive, subject to certain limits. If interest rates have fallen, the MVA can increase the amount you will receive, up to a maximum percentage.
- An MVA will apply to withdrawals above the penalty-free withdrawal amount made during the first seven years.
An MVA will not apply to:
- Withdrawals less than or equal to the GLIA after activating lifetime income
- 10% penalty-free withdrawals
- Death benefit
- Permitted RMDs from qualified contracts
- The minimum withdrawal value under the contract
Note: TSP funds have to be rolled into an IRA.