The JourneyMark with Expanse Rider offers accumulation potential from a diverse selection of interest crediting options, protection from market risk, and 10% free access to the account value when you need it.
Expanse Rider. This optional Guaranteed Lifetime Withdrawal Benefit (“GLWB”) Rider is available to Owners age 45-80 for an annual charge of 1%. It is not available if the Cascade Rider is chosen. The purpose of the GLWB is to provide a stream of periodic income payments to you (covered person), or you and your spouse (covered persons) if a Spousal Income Option is elected.
- Lifetime Payout Amount (“LPA”). The LPA is the annual guaranteed amount payable under the rider. The payout is first available the date the younger covered person turns age 60. The GLWB provides a lifetime income as long as your withdrawals are limited to the guaranteed amount. LPA is determined by multiplying the benefit base by the withdrawal percentage (reduced by a spousal factor and/or increasing income factor, if applicable).
- Benefit Base is your premium paid plus a 10% Benefit Base Bonus. On each Annual Processing Date (the close of business on each day of each Index Year), your Benefit Base is equal to:
- the Benefit Base at the beginning of the Index Year currently ending; plus
- any additional premiums paid during the current Index Year and any applicable Benefit Base Bonus; reduced proportionally for
- any Nonguaranteed Withdrawal (including the withdrawal charge and MVA) during the Index Year currently ending; and increased by
- the applicable benefit base crediting rate (subject to an annual benefit base cap of 25% per index year).
- Withdrawal Percentage is based on the age of the younger Covered Person at the time of Income Activation. The withdrawal percentage ranges from 3.20% to 6.00% (reduced by a spousal factor of 0.40% and/or increasing income factor of 0.45%). The withdrawal percentage is locked in at Income Activation.
Important Information about nonguaranteed withdrawals
- Nonguaranteed withdrawals will reduce and may eliminate the GLWB benefit. It is important to limit withdrawals to the LPA. Your Account Value is reduced by the amount of the withdrawal, but the benefit base is reduced by an adjusted amount that may be substantially more than the amount you withdraw. Carefully consider the impact of withdrawals so that you receive the intended benefit.
- Income Doubler Benefit. Once during each Covered Person’s lifetime, you may activate the GLWB’s Income Doubler Benefit. If activated upon Written Request, the LPA will be multiplied by an Income Doubler Factor. Activation of the benefit is subject to the following:
- The Covered Person was not confined to a Qualified Institution or receiving Home Care Services at any time during the one-year period immediately prior to the Contract Date;
- The Rider has been in force for at least three Index Years; and
- Medical evidence from a Licensed Health Care Practitioner that a Covered Person has been diagnosed with a Chronic Illness.
- Enhanced Death Benefit. Upon death of the Owner (or at first Owner's death, if jointly owned) after the third Index Year, and prior to Income Activation or Contract annuitization, we will pay an Enhanced Death Benefit (120% of Account Value), instead of the Contract Death Benefit.
Available in states:
AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY