Market Twelve Bonus Index is a single premium fixed indexed deferred annuity with 14 year surrender period, available to single persons and couples age 0 to 75. It offers a 12% bonus paid over three year period, 6% is applied to the premium at issue, and 2% on the first, second and third contract anniversaries. Surrender period is 14 years Contract minimum is $30,000 at the initial payment, with optional subsequent premium deposits of $2,000 or more during the first contract year.
Subsequent premiums may be limited to the amount of the initial premium. Interest crediting strategies include five index-based options and a fixed-rate account. Annuitization options include choices of payment for life, payment of a designated amount or payment for a certain period of time. Income For Life is an optional rider available in approved states, it offers even better lifetime income guarantee, based on minimum guaranteed accumulation rate of 6.0% for up to 10 years and allows more flexibility with income payments. Rider fee is 0.75% annually. Lifetime Income withdrawal percentage is based on your age at the time when you first elect to receive income withdrawals.
- Generous 12% premium bonus offered
- Additional premium payments are allowed during the first contract year
- Guaranteed lifetime income withdrawals with flexible payment schedule
- Offers competitive interest rates
- Income For Life Rider allows to start income withdrawals any time after the second contract year and age 50
- Income For Life Rider allows to start and stop income payments when you choose
- Rider charge is 0.75% of the income base total annually
- Fixed interest rate on the account is subject to change annually
- Once lifetime income payments begin, the accumulation of interest ends
- Relatively high surrender charges
- In addition to surrender charges, Market Value Adjustment (MVA) is applied to all annual withdrawals in excess of 10% annually, before annuitization starts
On a full surrender, the minimum guaranteed surrender value of 87.5% rule will be applied to the premium (including accumulated interest).